Jobs Description :
IBI is searching for candidates to serve as National Research Consultant under the USAID-funded ASEAN Policy Implementation (API) Project is accelerating implementation of key ASEAN policy agreements at the national level to advance economic prosperity and rules-based governance in the Indo-Pacific region.
API aims to strengthen ASEAN centrality by supporting Member State implementation of ASEAN policies under the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC). In doing so, API pursues two main objectives:
1) Identify concrete needs and opportunities for supporting the implementation of targeted ASEAN policies at the Member State level.
2) Provide concrete technical assistance to Member States to strengthen their implementation of targeted ASEAN policies.
Specifically, API will support Cambodia/Laos/Myanmar/Philippines to effectively implement the:
• ASEAN Single Window (ASW) at the national level through building an indicative action map as the country that recently joined the ASW live operation in 2019. The action map seeks concrete needs and opportunities to enhance the implementation of ASW live operation through enhancing the National Single Window (NSW)s’ operational in Cambodia/Laos/Myanmar/Philippines.
• Digital data governance in Cambodia/Laos/Myanmar/Philippines based on the Framework of Digital Data Governance (FDDG) and ASEAN Digital Integration Framework Action Plan (DIFAP) 2019-2025. API will create a study to identify the needs in Cambodia/Laos/Myanmar/Philippines in digital data governance, especially related to the implementation of the ASW at the national level.
To monitor the development of AEC Blueprint 2025 and 2025 Consolidated Strategic Action Plans (CSAP), in Cambodia/Laos/Myanmar/Philippines, a quarterly regional trend analysis will be conducted to bring awareness of a wide range of economic development priorities, capabilities, governance systems, and interests.
This will be a short-term position and individual consultants will be based in or have current experience and expertise in the subject matter for one of the following four countries: Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or the Philippines. The position is expected to start on or about July 15, 2020.
• Map the status of implementation of the ASW in one of the four specified ASEAN countries. This includes desk research and review of the implementation status of the ASW live operation in the specific country, particularly on the implementation of the intra-ASEAN certificate of origin (ATIGA Form D), Common Message Exchange Header, the exchange of ASEAN Customs Declaration Document(ACDD) and the exchange of e-Phytosanitary (e-Phyto) certificate;
• Conduct a desk review of the implementation status of the ASEAN Framework on Digital Data Governance based on DIFAP and in relation to NSW’s data governance in one of the four specified ASEAN countries.
• Develop a study on the implementation diagnosis capturing the needs and challenges of data governance in one of the four specified ASEAN countries, especially related to NSWs.
• Identify relevant stakeholders in Laos (or other specified country) to further embark on deep research and coordination on the concrete needs and opportunities under the ASEAN Digital Data Governance.
• Desk research on new ASEAN agreements, outcomes of ASEAN meetings, the progress of implementation of ASEAN policy/agreements in one of the four specified ASEAN countries, if available.
• Identify a list of projects in one of the four specified ASEAN countries, supporting the implementation of the ASEAN Single Window and ASEAN Digital Data Governance.
• Other duties as assigned
Job Requirment :
• Master’s degree in fields of economics, international trade, international political economy or related fields, PhD preferred. (Bachelors degree may be acceptable with higher levels of work experience)
• Minimum 5 years of related work experience
• Economic Growth background, especially in areas covered by the ASEAN Economic Community Blueprint 2025. Preference with understanding of the ASEAN Single and/or Digital Data Governance
• Consultants with experience in more than one country or a regional knowledge coupled with technical expertise in the subject matter will also be considered.
• Native speaker & writer of local language
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Intermediate to Advanced MS Office/Word skills.
• Experience working with a national university, think-tank or other research institution, on issues related to economic growth and governance
• Understanding of USAID’s Indo Pacific Strategy and familiarity with bi-lateral missions in ASEAN Member States (AMS)