Assist the Pastry Chef in producing pastry products (cakes, cookies, mousse, etc.):
· Prepare and cook pastry items according to recipes, quality and presentation standards, and food prep checklists
· Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning and storing
· Safely and appropriately use baking and measuring tools to prepare baked foods
· Follow and ensure compliance with food safety handling policies and procedures, including personal hygiene procedures
· Check and ensure correct temperatures of kitchen appliances and food, and report issues to management.
· Wash and disinfect kitchen area; set-up and break-down work station; and follow and ensure compliance with sanitation and cleaning procedures.
· Minimize food waste and spoilage, by communication and instructions given by the supervisor
· Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional;
· Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and support team to reach common goals. Have a positive attitude, high energy and be part of a motivated, innovating team.
· Comply with quality expectations and standards.
· Keep up with recipes and be willing to learn
· Follow instructions on labor schedules, equipment, incoming and outgoing orders
· Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors