Job Duties and Tasks for: "Cashier"
· Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
· Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
· Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
· Greet customers entering establishments.
· Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
· Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
· Issue trading stamps, and redeem food stamps and coupons.
· Resolve customer complaints.
· Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
· Cash checks for customers.
· Weigh items sold by weight in order to determine prices.
· Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
· Compute and record totals of transactions.
· Sell tickets and other items to customers.
· Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions.
· Bag, box, wrap, or gift-wrap merchandise, and prepare packages for shipment.
· Sort, count, and wrap currency and coins.
· Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
· Pay company bills by cash, vouchers, or checks.
· Request information or assistance using paging systems.
· Stock shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items.
· Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records.
· Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available and that they are staffed appropriately.
· Post charges against guests' or patients' accounts.
· Offer customers carry-out service at the completion of transactions.
HOW TO APPLY