If you opt to go hourly, newer social media freelancer rates can hover around $15-$50 per hour. For more intermediate social media marketers, they can make $50-100 per hour. And an experienced social media manager can make $120+ or much higher.
Here are some great platforms for finding work jobs:
- Upwork. I found my very first social media management gig through Upwork, so I can’t recommend this platform enough! …
- Flexjobs. Flexjobs is another excellent place to find freelance social media manager gigs. …
- Fiverr. …
- Freelancer. …
- 5. Facebook Groups.
The national average salary for social media managers is $50,500, according to Glassdoor. If you isolate the components of these positions into the full-time jobs they often represent, the pay imbalance is striking: copywriters average $58,500, marketing managers average $65,500, ad managers average $71,000, and so on.
Entry Level (social media posting, virtual assistant duties): $15-$50/hr. Intermediate (social media posting, content creation, and community management): $50-$100/hr. Advanced (brand and social media strategy, consulting): $120-$250/hr.
How much should I charge to design a post on Instagram?
They typically charge anywhere from $50 to $150 per article. Then, there’s graphic designers who will create well branded images with quotes for anywhere from $5 – $10 or so (you supply the copy / image descriptions).
There are several ways to market yourself according to the definition above, including:
- A website and blog (We recommend using Squarespace.)
- Social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc)
- Social media publishing (Facebook Notes, LinkedIn Pulse, Medium, etc)
- Email marketing (We recommend using Mailchimp.)
My tips for becoming a social media manager:
- Get experience. You’ll only get hired if you can prove that you’re good at managing social media. …
- Consider specialising in a certain platform. …
- Apply for jobs every week. …
- Tell people what you’re offering. …
- Read through my list of ways to get freelance jobs.
As a result of recent shifts toward digital-focused advertising strategies, social media managers are in demand, and social media management has become an attractive career for many. Further, social media management is one of many examples of a role in the tech industry that does not require programming experience.
The average hourly wage for a Social Media Marketing and Communications Manager in the United States is $51 as of August 27, 2021, but the range typically falls between $44 and $58.
Entry-level (0-5 yrs) $42,000. Mid-career (5-10 yrs) $58,000. Experienced (10-20 yrs) $62,000.
Social media managers have similar working hours to others in the advertising and marketing world (i.e. between 35 and 40 hours per week). However, when deadlines are approaching or if you need to attend meetings, you may need to work outside normal working hours.
Even though there are some unexpected tasks required, being a social media manager is a fun, rewarding job. You instantly see the results from hard work and it’s interesting to be part of an industry that is so fast-paced, ever-changing, and new in every aspect.
Creating a comprehensive strategy for social media marketing and outsourcing all work for all channels (with a minimum of two social networks) costs anywhere from $3,000-$20,000 per month, with the industry average settling between $4,000-$7,000 per month.