How do I reset my Google remote?
How to factory reset your Chromecast voice remote
- (Optional) Check that the batteries in your Chromecast voice remote have charge remaining.
- Remove the batteries from the remote.
- Press and hold the Home button.
- While holding the Home button, reinsert the batteries.
- Hold the button while the LED light is solid.
How do I reset my chromecast remote?
Chromecast with Google TV
- Using your Chromecast Voice Remote, in the upper right of your TV screen, select your profile. Settings .
- Select System Restart. Restart.
How do I reset my voice remote?
If the buttons on your Voice Remote (XR15) are still unresponsive, you may need to perform a factory reset. To perform a factory reset: Press and hold the A (triangle) and D (diamond) buttons at the same time for three seconds until the status light changes from red to green.
How do I pair my Google remote?
Access a computer remotely
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- In the address bar at the top, enter remotedesktop.google.com/access , and press Enter.
- Click Access to select which computer you want.
- Enter the PIN required to access another computer.
- Select the arrow to connect.
How do I use my phone as a remote for Chromecast?
Using your phone as a Chromecast remote control
- Download the Android TV Remote Control app for Android or iOS.
- Launch the app and tap on “Accept & Continue”
- You will need to grant the app permissions, tap “Continue” if you agree.
Why is there a white light on my Google remote?
To be precise, the white light on the Chromecast is the indicator that either the device is receiving and not available for casting, or it may be because the Chromecast is disconnected and needs set up.
Why is the light on my Google TV remote?
The Chromecast voice remote has an LED light below the Power and Input buttons. It tells you about the status of your remote. The batteries were installed. … The remote is ready to pair.
How can I control my Chromecast without a remote?
If you don’t want to control your Chromecast from your phone or tablet, try using a wireless gamepad instead. Your Xbox, PlayStation, or third-party game controller can connect to the Chromecast over Bluetooth and serve as a handy replacement for your missing remote.
Is there a remote that works with Chromecast?
Although you can’t buy Google’s Chromecast remote for your older devices, it is technically possible to use your standard TV remote to control your Chromecast, and it’s surprisingly easy.
What to do if Chromecast won’t connect to WiFi?
- Make sure your Chromecast is connected to the same WiFi network.
- Use the HDMI extender cable that came with your Chromecast.
- Reset your Chromecast by holding the reset button your dongle for 25 seconds.
- Reset your modem or router.
- Move your router closer to your Chromecast.
How do I connect my Google remote to my TV?
Switch your TV to the HDMI input your Chromecast is plugged into wait for the remote to pair. In most cases, the remote will pair automatically. But if the TV screen shows “Start pairing,” press and hold the Back and Home buttons on the remote until the LED light on the remote starts to pulse.
How do I use my iPhone as a remote for Chromecast?
With your Google Home app open on your iPhone, tap the Media icon.
- Click the media button to start casting. …
- Select which media type you want to cast to your Chromecast. …
- Click “Link” under the streaming app you want to cast to your Chromecast. …
- Click “Link Account” to link your streaming app with your Google Home app.