How do I know if my TV remote is bad?
Press a button on the remote to see if you see a red light. If you see the red light, it means the remote control is working. If no red light is seen, the remote has dead batteries or is defective and needs to be replaced.
How do I fix an unresponsive remote?
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution, check the function of the remote control after completing each step.
- Make sure none of the remote buttons are jammed.
- Reset the remote. …
- Clean the remote control terminals. …
- Replace with fresh batteries. …
- Perform a power reset on the TV.
Can’t get remote to change channels?
Remote control won’t change TV channels
- Make sure there are no obstacles between the remote and your TV.
- Move closer to the TV and make sure the remote is pointed directly at the TV’s front panel.
- Make sure the batteries are installed correctly.
- Try fresh batteries.
How do you pair a remote to a TV?
Press the (Quick Settings) button on the remote control. Select Settings.
The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Remotes & Accessories — Remote control — Connect via Bluetooth or Activate button.
- Select Remote control — Connect via Bluetooth.
- Select Voice Remote Control — Activate button.
Why does my remote not work sometimes?
There are a number of reasons why your remote may not be working. The most common are physical damage, battery issues, pairing issues, or issues with the infrared sensor on the remote or TV.